Get in the kitchen and cook! I promise it will LIGHT your fire!
TOP 10 reasons to CREATE a COOKING HABIT:
10. When done consistently it will help you achieve all of your health, well-being, and physique goals.
9. Gain energy and focus - the food you eat supplies your body with energy (in the form of calories), it helps you think more clearly and gives you the nourishment you need to give more to others.
8. Stress Relief - Cooking is cathartic. You’ll quickly discover how slicing, dicing, and stirring eases your mind.
7. Gives you control - it’s fabulous for those with very particular and discerning taste buds and/or those that just really enjoy the feeling of control - there’s something so powerful about gripping a big, sharp knife!
6. Cultivates Mindfulness - What better way than to practice being mindful and intentional? Sharp knives and hot stoves demand your attention and beg you to be focused and purposeful with each move.
5. Fills your home with warmth - think hot, home baked cookies right out of the oven! Pure, simple pleasures!
4. Bonding Time - a perfectly simple way to connect with those closest to you. The best, most juicy conversations happen around the dinner table.
3. Sparks Imagination - one dinner idea often leads to another, and another… For example, an oven-roasted chicken provides the foundation for other meals - quesadillas, soup, or chicken salad.
2. Creative Outlet - Creativity is one of the most important habits to cultivate. I equate it to breathing.
1. It sets the tone for a relaxing evening in - think of the smells coming from the kitchen, candles flickering, music playing, and sounds of laughter.
So, what’s for dinner tonight?
Do you want help designing an easy way to create a cooking habit?